Mizoram University Incubation Centre is the first of its kind (a NIDHI Technology Business Incubator powered by DST, Govt. of India) ever to be hosted by a Central University in India’s eastern region. The 10.75 crore project with it’s four main thrust areas viz. manufacturing and engineering, energy, agriculture and allied, and ICT is housed in state-of-art centre spanning 20000 sq. feet area, equipped with 3D rooms and fabrication/prototype lab.
The MZU-IC aims to cater the entrepreneurial needs of both formal and informal institutions in initiating a potential ‘idea’ to a viable ‘business’.
The MZU Incubation Centre strive for:
- Creation of technology based new enterprises
- Facilitating transfer of technology
- Fostering the entrepreneurial spirit
- Speedy commercialization of R&D output
- Specialized services to existing entrepreneurs